Academic Medical Center
Horsham and Mid Sussex CCG
Province of British Columbia, Ministry of Heatlh
1515 Blanshard Street, Victoria, BC
BC Palliative Care Benefits support individuals of any age at the end stage of a life-threatening disease or illness and want to receive medically appropriate palliative care at home.
Through this program, B.C. residents who are eligible to receive palliative care services at home can:
• receive PharmaCare assistance with the cost of palliative medications
• access certain palliative medical supplies and equipment from their health authority
Uses of SPICT
Palliative Care Benefits are available to all B.C. residents with active MSP coverage who:
• are living at home
• have been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness or condition
• have a life expectancy of up to six months, and
• consent to the focus of care being palliative rather than treatment aimed at cure.
The Supportive and Palliative Care Indicators Tool helps guide the medical/nurse practitioners in determining a patient’s medical eligibility.