Laboratory of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Department of Public and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of West Attica.
Head: Professor Areti Lagiou.
The Laboratory of Hygiene and Epidemiology of the Department of Public and Community Health, Member of the Public Health & Social Medicine Forum, serves current educational and research objectives in the following scientific areas:
• Epidemiology and prevention of chronic and infectious diseases.
• Protection, prevention and promotion of health.
• Design, implementation and evaluation of integrated disease prevention and health promotion programs.
• Design, implementation and evaluation of health care services.
• Development of innovative research and educational methodologies and applications in the field of Public and Community Health.
Currently SPICT-GR is being used for educational and research purposes.
Cross – cultural adaptation and content validation of SPICT-GR have taken place in the Greek primary care context and results are currently under publication.
The Laboratory of Hygiene and Epidemiology welcomes collaborations with academic and research institutions in Greece and abroad, as well as with international organizations for educational, research and social purposes related to its specific scientific fields.
It is actively involved in the education, training, and continuing education of health professionals of various disciplines as well as of the general public in health prevention and health promotion. Within the framework of Laboratory’s activities, a variety of research projects and programs on health promotion and health assessment have been completed or are currently in progress.
Laboratory’s research team also participates in European and national initiatives, either independently or in collaboration with universities and scientific organisations in Greece and abroad. For more information, visit the website.